What's at the party?
- A lovely partyplace. Really. A party hall big enough for you, stage included, big lobby, sleeping rooms with showers, smoking places, a backyard and garden with outdoor cooking facilites.
- Enough chairs and tables for everyone.
- Great projector, bigscreen, and audio for your senses.
- Partynet, 100 Mbit local network, with wireless and Internet uplink.
- Enough power for all your gadgets.
- Buffet with decent prices, chairs and tables.
- Shops nearby with reasonable opening times, nonstop shopping mall nearby (Tesco, 5km)
What to bring?
- Yourself, obviously. Additionally someone else as well.
- Your compo entry (optional, but recommended)
- Sleeping bag and additional sleeping appliances, and also the required sanitary equipment. The building has two shower rooms, the use of these is recommended to avoid the saturday night datasmell..
- If you're bringing your computer along, make sure to bring enough power strips and extension cords. If you want Partynet, make sure you also have spare UTP-cables and network adapters. We'll also have Wireless LAN for the various handheld thingies.
- Enough food and/or money.
- Smoking is only allowed outside and in the designated smoking room. The facility is equipped with a fire alarm system, which the cigarette smoke might set off, and that would be bad.
- Alcohol consumption is allowed, but please be reasonable, overconsumption might ruin your own and others' fun as well. Any type of damage or offence caused due to that will not be tolerated and will result in the removal from the party.
- Consumption and circulation of other drugs at the party place is strictly forbidden, and will result in immediate expulsion from the party.
- As you can see on the picture, the partyplace looks beautiful, so we'd like to ask you to keep it in this state! Any type of damage will be forced to be paid by the causer! If the person is unknown, we'll have to deduct the price from the party budget, which might endanger the future parties and the cooperation with the partyplace owners! Please take this very seriously.
- The Partynet is free for all, but since the bandwidth is limited, please do not use the party to leech. By default, we're not using any type of limiting, but we WILL if we have to. Downloading and hosting illegal material on the network is not allowed.
- Connecting kitchen equipment to the power network is forbidden. If this causes a power outage, you'll be held responsible by all the unhappy people...
- Organizers are not responsible for any equipment at the party, anything you bring is your responsibility. Luckily we haven't had damage or theft at parties since a while now, and we'd like that to continue so.
Reaching the location
You can also reach the place from the Határ út stop of the (blue) Metro no. 3., using the bus no. 66 or red 66. (The red one is a faster one so it's advised to choose that if available.) You have to get off at the stop named Hősök tere.
Reaching the place from various major points of the city:
- Déli Pályaudvar: (Southern Railway-station)
- Get on the metro and go to Kossuth tér. Change to tram no. 2. towards the Közvágóhíd (last stop). Warning: The no. 2A is only going to the Boráros square, so don't go by that. Here you can transfer to the suburban train and go to the stop mentioned above.
- Keleti Pályaudvar: (Eastern Railway-station)
- Next to the station you can find the Festetics György street, which is one of the terminals of the tram no. 24. Get on it and travel to the other terminal which is the Közvágóhíd. Here you can transfer to the suburban train and go to the stop mentioned above.
- Nyugati Pályaudvar: (Western Railway-station)
Get on the metro and travel to the stop named Kispest, Határ út, which is the last stop before Kőbánya-Kispest. Transfer to the bus no. 66 or the red no. 66 and travel to the stop named Hősök tere. This might take 20-30 minutes, depending on the traffic.
Get on the tram either no. 4 or 6 towards the Boráros square, then at the square, transfer to the tram no. 2. towards Közvágóhíd. Here you can transfer to the suburban train and go to the stop mentioned above.
- Kelenföld Railway-Station:
- Get on the bus no. 103. which takes off from in front of the station. Travel to the Lágymányosi bridge. This is essentially the same stop like the Közvágóhíd for other buses. Here you can transfer to the train to Ráckeve and travel to the Hősök tere. People coming to the Déli station might want to consider getting of the train at Kelenföld, since you have to transfer less this way.
- Ferihegy airport:
- After landing at the airport (find a flight), take the dedicated bus from the airport and get off at the last stop (Kőbánya-Kispest). Travel one stop with the metro to Kispest, Határ út, then transfer to either the bus no. 66, or the red no. 66 to the stop named Hősök tere.
If you want to go to the partyplace by night, you might try the no. 966 midnight bus.